Sunday, October 9, 2016

Kramers Take on Toronto

Some time in the middle of the chaos this Summer, Grant suggested we plan a trip to Toronto to see his brother...I think I mumbled. "sure, as long as you make all the arrangements and we have enough Airmiles"....within hours tickets were booked and plans were set....I would be spending my next birthday in the big city....


Nolan, the kid with Koolaid blue hair I met 25 years is now a Daddy with the sweetest wife ever and a two year old who instantly melts your heart....

They live on a street with tightly packed houses that share front porches, with a small store on one corner and a tiny produce market on the other, it's hassle and bustle had an almost familiar charm. It took me a day or two to place it...it totally reminded me of Sesame Street.

Nolan and Maggie were five-star tour guides and hosts. We need instantly felt at home.

The boys took in a Blue Jays Game....

Grant had a freak out in the elevator of the CN Tower....(instant Karma, eh Grant?)



But oh that view!!!!


The heart melter...


Maggie  and I saw Cirque du Soleil's Luzia....So so so AMAZING!!!!



We crossed Niagra Falls off our bucket list....

It's power and beauty took my breath away....



Toronto's food was out of this world....

Street Meat at the bottom of CN Tower.


Stockyards, this burger was the best I have had ever...still my mouth waters.


Latkies from Claplansky's Deli. 



But the absolute best part of Toronto was hearing this amazing two year old call us Uncle Grant and Auntie Robin for eight whole days and see his mommy and daddy love him to the moon and back. Family is everything.


What a wonderful time we had! We love you guys!








0 comments:

Post a Comment