Monday, June 10, 2013

Bob the Beetle

 
 Weird, I haven't posted in like ten days, what's wrong with me?!? I haven't felt like it and its taken me a few more days, than I planned, to get my crazy sea legs again....Oh, trust me, there is plenty to blog about...
First: Maddie  WON the room, and not by votes, we wanted her to have it all along and then we figured out that her competitor cheated, staking anonymous votes on this blog...so said competitor had to forfeit, sometimes parenting is AWESOME :)
 
Second: We bought a 1975 VW BETTLE and we have named her BOB!
This is completely out of character for us, we don't need a second vehicle but....
You see my Dad drove a White Beetle, with red interior off the lot in 1962, his first new car, and continued to drive it for 28 years, he loved that car and so did I...When he died last year, I mentioned that if we ever find one...It would be a fun way to honour him...
 
 
Two weeks ago we found BOB and she's even robin's egg blue! I had a hard time hiding my tears as we drove her around the lot for the first time...memories of bombing around in my Dad's as a child came flooding back...
 
Well, BOB now resides in our driveway and I SMILE every time I look at her, she is much smaller than my child's memory serves, but still so fun to ride in and I am sure my Dad is very pleased.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 



0 comments:

Post a Comment