Monday, July 8, 2013

Honouring Dad, Sew.

So I was wasting time on Pinterest {story of my life} and came across...
(dementia, Alzheimer's, brain injury... anyone who spends most of their time sitting) 
I loved the concept, but was surprised at how expensive they are, for a rather plain apron...so I thought I can make that!
And then thought it would be a great way to honour my Dad (he had dementia), I've been searching for something for a long time, and there it was :)...
I remember my Dad was constantly fiddling and fidgeting...and asking for his keys and wallet ...
So I searched the dollar stores and second hand stores over the last week....
 
 
And today I was able to finish one for a woman....
 
A pocket and coin purse, a string of beads, a zipper pocket that I will put a stuffie inside, a measuring tape, a clear pocket for a photo of loved-ones and different textured fabric squares.
I reinforced everything and made it as washable as possible.

For the male version I will add a wallet and keys and lose the pink and purple :).

I plan on making four to start and then go from there :)

So if you know of someone who needs one...email me, I will gladly make one and send it for nothing :) Just a way of saying thank you to my Dad, for bailing us out countless times :)

2 comments:

  1. I love this Robin! I've seen these in the dementia ward, but yours is much, much nicer/cuter. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are fantastic. What a great idea :)

    ReplyDelete