Monday, January 13, 2014

Sew She's Leaving...

The fact that Bailey is really leaving home, in a few months to serve a mission hit this week...I was standing in the pharmacy grabbing all the things required for her first aid kit and I was suddenly sad. Something I didn't expect, months before she leaves...I'm thrilled she's able to go, I just realised for the first time that I will really miss her...
 
I think all the worry about Grant not being able to return to work yet and being in the middle of the LTD process didn't help :) (found out today that he did indeed qualify...grateful relief!!!!)
 
So I handled all the stress the only way I know how....MAKE STUFF!!!!
 
Bailey is taking the little camera we bought for our Disney trip...But it needed a case....



Scissors and felt and like an hour and she has a case with her name on it :)...Yay me!


I also quilted like mad...
Confession: when I'm having a really hard week, I pray for strength, courage and that I don't say the F word too much (truth)...and then I pray for someone I can help, often by making something just for them.  It helps me climb out of my pity party and gives me a creative outlet for all the frustration , when you don't have a lot of control over trials...A friend's name immediately came to mind...So I started sewing....

 
Best healing in the world for me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment