Sunday, December 14, 2014

Oh. Joy.

Rough it has been.

Oh no, I just sounded like Yoda....maybe its even rougher than I thought ;)

Sometimes we carry our burdens well, sometimes not. A lot of the days lately have been of the sometimes not variety... What. Ever.

So here's the weird thing....

I figured something out, I don't know, had a prayer answered, right in the middle of the chaos....

So somewhere it says...."Find JOY in all things...." Actually being a Mormon I hear that ALL the time and I never quite got it....JOY??? Really??? Have you looked at my life???

So I had always equated JOY with Happiness.....Find Happiness in all things, frankly seemed ridiculous to me....

So this week I read in passing on Deseret News  and took a screen shot of it.....

"Too often we forget that JOY is not the result of blessings; rather its the result of acknowledging those blessings."

Oh...that's....JOY....

Acknowledging blessings. That is way different than being HAPPY about everything that happens too us.

OK so rough it has been...but that doesn't mean that we have been devoid of all good things.

I can still see the blessings, the JOY in the last few weeks.

See Joy....





Well that only took 40 years....Maybe, by the time I'm eighty I can actually figure out MATH....maybe.



0 comments:

Post a Comment