Saturday, May 8, 2010

Losing Lynne








Mother's Day has always been a mixed bag for me. While I love being a mom, it is not always a scene from heaven with angels singing softly in the back ground. There are times "the joys of motherhood" are lost in the refereeing, meal making and endless loads of laundry. The fact that mental illness robbed me of a relationship with my own mom, at times makes Mother's Day painful. I have sat in church and listened to people share what perfect mothers they have, how perfect their children are and wondered if I just missed the boat.

With time some of the pains of that day have softened. The lessons I have learned from my mom and from my children far out weigh the heart ache or frustration. I am learning to love Mother's Day one year at a time. Holly, Bailey, Madison, Alex, and Dallyn you are my greatest accomplishment and my greatest source of love and laughter, I am honoured to be your mom.

0 comments:

Post a Comment