Friday, July 9, 2010

Glasses are cool...NOW!

Bailey's new specs....
We took Bailey to the ophthalmologist a week or so ago...because SHE asked us too. I guess we lose our "parents of the year" status, dang it. All of the kids had their eyes checked about two years ago and everything was fine. But, Bailey has been saying for more than a month that she was having a hard time seeing the board at school... Sure enough the kid needed glasses. (This might explain a PE injury and her train wreck on the church sidewalk that required more stitches than all the other kids have had, combined)
I think Bailey looks awesome in glasses. Bailey thought getting glasses was cool and had a hundred different options to choose from, I was soooo jealous!
I wore glasses from the time I was two until I was in my late twenties. Glasses were neither cool or stylin' in the 70's, 80's, or 90's... There were three choices....
1. Something my Grandad would wear....


2. Something my Grandma would wear....



WAIT FOR IT :)..........
3. Something "Steve Urkel" off the 90's sitcom "Family Matter's would wear....


All I can say is WOW....Junior High was rough for me....
1. Poodle Perm....how come nobody stopped me!
2. Those Glasses...I think the "Hubbel" has smaller lenses.
3. The Tacky Christmas sweater, I wore 'til June...Thanks Mom!
Good thing I was spunky, quirky, and never worried much about what other people thought :) At least for Bailey, glasses are cool...NOW!




2 comments:

  1. you should check out zennioptical.com Rachael got 3 pairs of glasses and a pair of sunglasses. Wicked cheap and Bailey could have glasses to coordinate with her moods=)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We were both so cool-so cool we got made fun of. At least mom didn't cut your hair-messing it up until it was as short as dad's. Remember the hats she bought me?-hats weren't cool at all. The glasses were just as bad :).

    ReplyDelete