Sunday, July 18, 2010

My Superman needs a Helmet

Where Grant's head went through the dry wall...Grant was going to repair it but then remembered he couldn't drive to Home Depot ;)



Okay so I now know Grant needs adult supervision and a helmet when I leave for any length of time. I knew Grant would have fun with Alex & Dallyn while the girls and I were gone...movie, dinner in Nanaimo...Pizza for three nights....root beer by the case. What I didn't realize is that Alex and Dallyn would get a first hand lesson in first aid. Grant, our favorite super hero,running out the door for work, tripped on the stairs and landed head first into the drywall at the bottom of the landing. Grant was knocked sense less but able to tell Dallyn to phone our Elder's Quorum President.



"Hi Brother Hodaseck, This is Dallyn., can you come take my dad to the hospital" Dallyn was apparently cool as a cucumber. When Ron got here...he called 911 and Grant's boss Sandra...EMT's back boarded Grant and then called a second crew to help get my Superman out of the house. Sandra came over, before they left, to make sure the kids were taken care of (she knew I was at camp) and said "you know you could of just called in sick like the rest of them :)...She is the best. Grant spent the next six hours being worked over at the ER. Wip lash and a concussion but no broken bones...We are counting our blessings. Ron stayed with Grant the entire six hours and even help him when the nurse wouldn't let Grant go to the potty by himself. (Above and beyond the call of duty, but thanks Ron)


Grant wouldn't let any one call me to come home.... I think his super hero status was a little tarnished. Grant is sore but will be fine. I'll give him a few days before I expect him to brush up on his drywall repair skills. No more flying, Superman.

0 comments:

Post a Comment