Friday, July 30, 2010

Those D#$% Marshmallows!!!

Those D#$% Marshmallows!....ok please excuse my self indulgent gripe session. As a mom I keep a mental list of things I never buy at the grocery store no matter how much the kids beg or how good a deal it might be.

Freezies, especially the small ones.... If I buy a box of 350 there will be exactly 349 wrappers left through out the house, yard and lawn. Oh how I love the blizzard of plastic the next time some one (usually me) mows the lawn.

Band Aids...A box of a hundred lasts less than 24 hours....every minuscule abrasion and bug bite must be covered in nanoseconds.Plus, Band aids become the best substitute for tape in craft projects. And come on if a Kramer kid truly requires a band aid its time to go to the ER anyway.

Suckers....Its not just the wrapper (my kids are still mystified by the use of a garbage can) but the sticky stick that then has to be surgically removed from the carpet or couch cushions. This last week, I have added another item to the list....

Mini Marshmallows....its totally my fault, on Canada day Superstore had 1 kg bags of mini marshmallows for 99 cents...99 cents! I bought six...I couldn't help myself. Since then I have cursed them. These marshmallows are magic, appearing all over the house all by themselves. (my kids wouldn't sneak them, would they?! ) I've completely had it this morning....one of my brilliant offspring left marshmallows all over the deck. Marshmallows, hot sun & hot deck ! Nothing like stepping in gooey marshmallows first thing in the morning. I have know discovered another use for the paint scraper.....oh the joys of motherhood .

1 comment:

  1. Haha, the bandaids situation is the same at our house. Especially when they double as Star Wars tattoos.

    ReplyDelete