Monday, April 22, 2013

Can I Say It In Whale?

Family prayer last night: {It had been a few days, okay maybe a week}...

Grant asks Maddie to say it.

"Can I say it in "whale"?" Maddie says with a certain spark in her eye....

{our kids think its a contest to make some on laugh during prayer and have been known to rhyme the prayer, add random words like waffle, etc. , wrong, but funny}

I have no idea what she means and then Maddie does her spot on impression of the following....





Maddie that's irreverent!!! We say, unable to hide our laughter...(honestly tears were rolling down our cheeks)

"Maybe you should say it in pig Latin?!", Alex interrupts and then shows her nearly fluent ability (didn't know she was multilingual)....

Dallyn not wanting to be left out adds "I heard the best pick up line today!"(I have never figured out how that boys brain works).... But before he can speak...Alex says an unrepeatable pick up line...as Madison adds a few unrepeatable ones of her own (dang public school)....

Dallyn finally intercedes:"All I was going to say is Do you have a Band-Aid? Cause I scrapped my knee falling for you."

Prayer?

Since all semblance of order had left the room and I am pretty sure the house...and because he is the only one not laughing...Grant finally says the prayer when there is a brief intermission in the mayhem.

I heart my family!

0 comments:

Post a Comment