Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Explaining Hope

Dreadful...heartbreaking...devastating...hopeless....nightmare...

{Well when you put it that way?!?!}

You see, I sat in a fluorescent lit room yesterday, trying not to notice the clutter and disorganization, talking to someone I have known, going on a decade now, wishing we could talk about anything but what we had to talk about...

Dreadful...heartbreaking...devastating...hopeless....nightmare...

Those words were that someone's, definitely not mine...but that person used them to describe my/ our family's challenges....

Those words were intended to show sympathy, and probably pity, but I felt neither.

I instantly found myself, explaining, if not defending myself, my hope....don't take my hope away, you don't have that power....I told myself.

"But there is ALWAYS hope" I finally said with more forcefulness than even I expected. My {room mate} looked rather perplexed.

Yes our lives are hard, much harder than I ever expected, but whose isn't? It's not easy, it was never supposed to be. There is more worry and uncertainty than I like and there are moments my heart breaks and I feel overwhelmed...But I will not live there.

For the next hour I explained my  hope, never sure it was quite understood....No I don't know why? (challenges come) But I know my family is loved and watched over and our backs strengthened to bare the load placed upon them...

I left that meeting awkwardly pitying that someone...life must be so difficult without hope....

 
 
Maybe that's why Ether 12:4 (B of M) has always been my favourite....
 

 Wherefore, whoso believeth in God might with surety hope for a better world, yea, even a place at the right hand of God, which hope cometh of faith, maketh an anchor to the souls of men, which would make them sure and steadfast, always abounding in good works, being led to glorify God.

0 comments:

Post a Comment