Thursday, August 29, 2013

School Shopping Shenanigans

I'm slightly crazy crazier today....

It started all well and good ,  a family back to school shopping trip to Nanaimo. Simple right?.....

 And then the rugrats got in the van. "Why-do-we-have-to-go-shopping...I don't need clothes!" Says our captain of whine (its the song of his people), in his holey t-shirt and ripped jeans....Why can't I stay home?!...Shopping with the girls sucks!!!....

We stop down the street at McDonalds for breakie (don't judge me) and the whine captain continues, this time he's near convulsions (eyes rolling in the back of his head), and then the shenanigan sisters chime in..."Does he have to come????""He's soooo like annoying ??"

Five minutes later, the man child gleefully saunters up the driveway...we drove back home and left him there. Yes he melted his brain for hours on video games, no he didn't clean the kitchen, yes he was absent for family fun day and yes I still think I it was a win - win for all of us.

We are 7 minutes up the highway when "Can I plug in my ipod...this is old people music???" Fine but if there is one swear/inappropriate lyric, no shoppy for you...."YES MOM!?" comes the most respectful chorus...third song in, there was some creative editing (siren noises) for a PINK  and (barking noises) for a Lady Gaga. Nice kids, just lovely....

We manage to make it to Nanaimo in the pounding rain...Joy.

The offspring know their parentals a plum exhausted (been a wonderful few days ;)) and take full advantage of our whatever, it better be modest approach to it this year's clothing expedition. I think they broke the dollars per minute record in Old Navy....but in just over one hour we were done with one mall and on to the next....With a stop at Montanas in between, so they didn't have to continue  fighting over the, I'm not sure how old Timbits in the van....

Now my kids have properly behaved in restaurants for years ;)...but now I instantly realize we have failed, like seriously failed....

Maddie kept winking at the waitresses....I don't know...just to freak them out.....

Alex is pouring salt in whoever's water that isn't looking.....

and then I have to actually audibly say "no more drawing penises on the table!?! What?? They're palm trees, Mom?!? as inappropriate artist quickly adds leaves....Nice.

and then the icing on the cake..."but I wanted a red one!!!" the oldest one contests, when the waitress brings us the bill and the suckers...and the waitress actually goes and retrieves a red one, not realising my delightful child was kidding....sigh

A stop at Urban Planet, pretty sure they only have sizes to fit cabbage patch kids and action figures, and Tarjay and we escaped Nanaimo in a little less than 4 hours...yay!

After a nap and a few Dr Peppers...I think I've almost recovered. Light at the end of the tunnel... in 83 hours they go back to school!




2 comments:

  1. LOL... ahhh.. I love reading your blog! So glad to be back in the Valley.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did great!! Next time, drop D at our house and your man child and mine can have a support group meeting while the girls shop ;)

    ReplyDelete