Sunday, October 20, 2013

Siesta

Some days I just wonder what goes through my man child's head....more than thirteen years and I have yet to figure out how his brain works (or doesn't).

So we are on our way home from Nanaimo....

"So like what are we doing when we get home???" Dallyn pipes up from the backseat.

"Mom and I are taking a long siesta." Grant responds,yawning

"Ewww I don't want to hear your SIESTA, Da-aad," Dallyn groans

"Wait...what do you think SIESTA means, Dallyn?!?" I say looking to the back seat.

"You know...si-ESTA," Dallyn says while doing some kind of  dance with "air" maracas in his seat...

"Wait, What?!?"

"You know Mom.... hanky panky!" Dallyn says, rather frustrated....

The van erupts in laughter....

"Ummm...NO Dallyn, that's not what SIESTA means!" I sputter before I could stop laughing....NAP...Dallyn...SIESTA...means NAP.

"Oh!!!"

Oh son, lets hope you never get lost in a Spanish speaking country :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment