Thursday, October 24, 2013

Will We Be Ok?

I think people that show up at Church (any church) are searching. Whether you've gone all your life or its the first time you've set foot in a chapel, you are there seeking answers.....Why? How? When?

I'm a lifelong Mormon, 7th generation, if you look at the pedigree. As a child, teen and young adult, I followed the traditions of my ancestors, not sure yet if it was really the way....

Twenty years and a lifetime later our Church, has become a lighthouse, a beacon in the craziness of life. Something to guide me through our storms.

 I have sat in a chapel nearly every Sunday of my life, and I still go with my {hand made Relief Society} bag full of questions...searching and seeking help and hope...


We attended our Stake Conference this weekend and because of the two full days in Nanaimo we decided to stay in a hotel, the same one as the waffle catastrophe of 6 months ago. They allowed us back, I'm surprised too. Great idea, but sharing one room with all our teens, not so smart. Saturday morning we realized the visiting General Authorizes were staying at our same hotel, so I didn't set foot near the waffle maker :)

They were there to release our Stake presidency and calling a new one. Grant had the opportunity to meet these two General Authorities, which was such a special experience for him...

I showed up for the conference sessions with my {homemade RS} bag, weighted down with more questions than usual...

"Will we be ok?"

 If you were to boil all my questions down...That would be it in simplest form...Will {my kids, my superman, me, my family, my friends} be {good, happy, courageous positive, hopeful}???



Notes:

"We are not has powerless as we think."

"Do it {service} whether we think we are making a difference or not"

"Do. Not. Judge. Point them to me {Christ}

"It is about salvation NOT damnation."

"Love them.... love them..... love them."

"Bad things become blessings when the are handled right."




It is not just the words said, but more it is  the spirit felt. It was the spirit at conference that spoke to me the most. The thanking of one Stake President for his service and love and sustaining another with the same love and faith was a confirming that this God's church and that God is well aware of the questions of y heart.

And the answer to my will we be ok? is a resounding....

YES
 
 
.....because that is what my I know in my heart. Conference was wonderful and I look to future, full of faith and hope and questions.

"Be the best we can be, not the best imitation of someone else"...President Weckesser

 
 
 
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment