Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Rockin' Mommyhood

Motherhood began for me, twenty years ago today...on a New Year's Eve, long before Superman and I were ready. We were still very much a kids ourselves and it's a good thing Holly was one of the indestructible variety, that knew how to use her lungs until her inexperienced parents could figure out caring for a baby was very different than a puppy:)
 
This picture makes me laugh out loud, every single time I see it....
My 19 year old self...Five months into motherhood...
Dressed in MICKEY MOUSE overall shorts...
Rockin' the bowl cut...
with Hi tops...
 
That's Holly in the stroller in her MINNIE MOUSE sleeper (yes we matched, which I probably planned, sigh)...
And if my math still serves me, I'm already pregnant with Bailey....
 
 
 
Motherhood came fast and furious for me, but mothering did not come naturally. I struggled and struggled to find my place in a world of loving, nurturing, natural mothers, that seemed to radiate the joys of motherhood. I felt like I would never quite measure up or fit in with all the SUPERWOMEN around me. I felt like a fraud and a fake and that at any moment I would be discovered...
I was a struggling young mother.
 
Well, I was never discovered...and eventually learned that I was way closer to normal than I first thought....I just had to find the right kind of Superwomen.
 
Motherhood, my struggle, turned into to my greatest blessing...
 
And yes my kids even survived Kool-Aid straight from the bottle....{ I'm sure there is a 1-800 number you can call} That maybe could explain a few things....
 
Motherhood began two decades ago and here's proof that there is always HOPE...They all survived their Kool-Aid giving, Mickey mouse wearing, curse word saying mother...and I survived them :)
 
 
Happy Birthday Holly!!! Thank you for being the best, most tolerant, starter child this crazy mother could ask for...(I promise your therapy fund is the largest ;)) Being this handful's mother is just plain awesome, so glad they were patient enough to let me figure that out.
 
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment