Wednesday, October 29, 2014

A Mediocre Mormon


I can't remember the last time we had a family home evening, that's still on Monday night, right?....

Family prayer is usually a contest to see who can sneak in the most inappropriate word....

Scripture study, does scanning someone else FB post count?

I am such a mediocre Mormon....

Here's even more proof of my mediocrity....

Last week the wind started to blow like crazy and then the power went out....

I stumbled around in the dark with the flash light on my dying cell phone and managed to find the only two candles that survived the move, neither wick would light, that expensive crank flashlight/ radio was no where to be found .....

This week we got the tail end of hurricane Ana, crazy wind and rain and a boil water order....Nope the Kramers didn't have a stitch of water in storage, even though we knew it was coming...

Sunday when Holly came home we went to Boston Pizza for dinner, because I had neither the energy, desire to make a pizza pop, let alone dinner for everyone.

There is probably a 1-800 number you should call....on all of us. (except that missionary of ours)

Even though I gave up guilt back in 2004, mom died then....I have felt kinda guilty bad ....

Today I was complaining visiting teaching (first time in months).... " I just can't keep up" I said almost in tears....

She said...

I'm pretty sure Heavenly Father understands, Robin. Especially when no one else does...HE knows how hard it is and the sacrifices you make and  just putting one foot in front of the other, is enough for now.....

Oh how I needed that.....
Mediocre is a triumph when it gets hard, even HE understands that.











0 comments:

Post a Comment