Monday, April 26, 2010

Gotta Love Uncle Nolan!







My introduction to Nolan, Grant's younger brother, was nearly 18 years ago, he was 15. All I remember was eating lunch at the Nanaimo Pizza Hut. Nolan smeared pizza sauce from ear to ear and left it there....After a few seconds of disgust, Lynette handed him a napkin, with which Nolan, with all the dainty-ness of the Queen, proceeded to wipe just the corners of his mouth. What??!! He said. By now I was laughing so hard I was desperately trying to keep Root Beer from exiting out my nose. I don't remember if he ever washed that sauce off his face.
My next meeting was less than a year later when Grant & I, just married, had come to Port Alberni for a visit. Nolan now had Smurf- blue hair, not so professionally dyed with Kool-Aid. I have to admit it kind of suited him and I think he loved the fact that it gave the old bitties at Church something to talk about.
Since then I have watched Nolan grow-up, or at least try to. He has always marched to his own beat. He is loved dearly by all his nieces and especially his one nephew. Nothing he does ever surprises us. The thing I respect most about him is his non judgemental nature. He is a friend to all, especially the underdog. Nolan has never needed much to make him happy, good coffee, a good book and his Chocolate Lab, Horace. The Kramer clan wouldn't be the same without him .... He has all the qualities of a Rockstar, especially to Holly, Bailey, Madison, Alex, Dallyn, Jordyn & Taylor...Gotta love our Uncle Nolan.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, Nolan is a rockstar!

    I added you to my friends & family list on my blog...hope that's OK!

    ReplyDelete