Thursday, April 22, 2010

Temple Bus Trip











Grant was in charge of the Courtenay Ward bus trip to the Vancouver Temple Open House....At the beginning I don't think Grant had a clue what he was in for....Us Mormons are dedicated, hard working, family people. But on a whole the most indecisive group I have ever met. Less than a week before the trip, the bus was only 2/3 full and in order to make it affordable to all it had to have 55 passengers to go....Thus began the begging , pleading and praying.

We knew that we had to make this work. if it was cancelled more than 25 people would have no other opportunity to attend. Grant spent the next three days on the phone, by Friday we had 47 and decided to go with that....by Sunday evening we had 53. Monday morning the bus was full.


Everything went off without a hitch....No one was late and we didn't lose anyone (Grant thought he had for 5 minutes, but he hadn't) What an amazing experience. So glad it worked out.

The temple was absolutely beautiful....it was treasured moment to watch our children experience it for the first time. Being able to attend as a ward was unifying. I was humbled by the reaction of the youth in our ward as they toured the temple, and felt of its peace. It truly is a sacred place.

So glad we get to attend again this weekend with our extended family. I love to see the Temple I'm going there....today.

2 comments:

  1. Can you email me the picture of your family in front of the temple? I don't have a recent one. If you have any other more recent ones email those too. I want to get some printed. I will be sending you the picture of Dad I had taken while he was here and some of Mya & Zach too.

    Looks like an amazing trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Grant's close up photo on the bus!

    ReplyDelete