Tuesday, April 13, 2010

My Husband Lives at Wal- Mart


Grant has worked for Wal-Mart for the last five and a half years. I am actually very grateful for his job and the fact that he truly does love it. When he started as the Automotive Department Manager we were just glad he was gainfully employed and loved the dream hours of 7am-3:30pm Monday to Friday. With in a couple of months he was promoted to a night support manager a position he absolutely loved , me not so much. Nights was a huge adjustment for me but we learned to love the predictability of it all. This is were Grant truly excelled and was given the opportunity to advance to assistant manager.


Grant has now completed his obligation to nights and is back on the day shift (forever I hope). What I am adjusting to now is the fact that his work is never done and schedules aren't worth the paper they are written on. What I do love is the crazy costumer stories and the never a dull moment that it is managing the "Wonderful World of Wal-Mart". Grant has a new adventure everyday. Although, I do, at times, feel like he lives there.


It is a blessing that Grant has a job that also allows me to be a stay at home mom. Call us crazy but at our house we love sunny days at the beach, Madison's oatmeal chocolate chip cookies and....... Wal Mart .

0 comments:

Post a Comment