Thursday, November 18, 2010

At The Table

It was a three ring circus at the dinner table tonight (the fact that the words dinner & table are in the same sentence on a week night is a miracle). We sat down to homemade chili & cornbread...I was feeling ambitious and slightly guilty for the previous two dinners involving tater tots.

After threatening a few kids to settle down, or leave the table Grant announces that there is a Kid's Christmas Party for work....

Grant: "I get to be Santa again this year"....to which Bailey replies dead pan "I thought Santa had to be Jolly?!"

I nearly choked on my chili

Grant then said "there will only be gifts for kids 12 and under"....Alex begins to protest and then realizing that he said TWELVE and under starts cheering (sometimes there a little slow on the up take :) The older three are all suddenly "busy" that night until Grant says one more complaint and he would volunteer them for elf costumes....

Then Holly, who is doing her math homework at the dinner table (I pick my battles), rattles off a quadratic equation and asks for help....Grant starts to explain and I say "All I hear is wa...wa...wa (peanuts cartoon)" to which Dallyn not missing a beat replies " All I hear is grades dropping and then makes that whistling sound like a plane falling from the sky"

I nearly choke on my chili, again

Someday, maybe our dinner table will be a place of etiquette and refinement but I'm pretty sure that would require straight jackets and duct tape....

So be warned, if you are ever invited over for an "elegant" Kramer dinner, be prepared to choke on your chili :)

2 comments:

  1. Maybe you should come over to our house?! Where everyone throws their food on the floor. Aughhhh!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, your kids have great senses of humour!!! Not surprising.

    ReplyDelete