Saturday, November 6, 2010

Parental Supervision Overload

Moments after having each one of my children, a flood of hopes and dreams for them filled my mind. Along with thoughts of all the "firsts". Their first steps, first day of school, their baptism.... Dax, Holly & Milena at TYC May 2010

Last night was Holly's first date (I feel old)...mind you, it was to the Stake Harvest Ball with her parents, his parents and her YW leader in the "loser cruiser". So there wasn't much to worry about from a parenting stand point. But I think the realization that our baby girl is growing up has caused at least Grant to shed a tear or two :) Holly and Dax are great kids. I actually admire that they were willing to tolerate their parents tagging along. We did promise to ignore them and sit on opposite sides of the Cultural Hall...Grant's "Carlton" dance was the only thing that horrified Holly :) But I think it horrified everyone. Holly was a great sport and we promise not to crash any future dates

1 comment:

  1. Holly-just so you don't feel left out-your mom tortured me often when I was going on a date and she was home when I left. Sounds like you got off easy-other than being with your parents :).

    ReplyDelete