Sunday, November 14, 2010

Pizza at the Potluck

I think from the moments we are Sunbeams, at least us woman folk, start learning the inner workings of the Ward potluck. From funeral potatoes and green jell-o salads with shredded carrots. The one with the most intricate-food storage utilizing- creation wins. It can be down right cut throat amongst us Sisters. There are those who spend days looking through the latest issues of Martha Stewart or Taste of Home hoping not to be out done by Sister-so-and-so.

Friday, as Grant left for work, he asked if I had everything I needed for that nights Ward adult potluck dinner. "No worries, I got it under control." At that moment I had every intention of making a masterpiece, really I did. But some how my day ended up getting in the way. So about 4 pm, when Grant called and asked what I was making, I realized I didn't even have time to "fancy up" frozen lasagna...As a joke I said " I'm thinking Little Caesar's" Grant: " You can't take pizza to a Potluck! " Me: " Why not??" Grant: "Because!" ....Well now I can't let Grant win, can I and really why can't you take pizza to a potluck???..... So the Kramer's (with Grant protesting profusely) brought Pizza to the pot luck. I even offered to put it in a "casserole cozy" to make Grant fell better ;)...."My" pizza was perched oddly among Sister R's homemade baguette and pesto, Sister S's Mexican rice bake, Sister W's shepherd's pie, and Sister H's pasta...
And guess who's dish was all gone first (I would never be competitive, would I?)...Thank heaven's we have lived in this ward long enough for every one to appreciate my sense of humour. Although Grant did suggest to the Bishop that me bringing the pizza should disqualify me for my calling in RS (no such luck ;)


After dinner , we all headed to the bowling alley for a 5 pin bowling....I hadn't bowled since High School and it showed....Everyone cheered when in the 9th round of the second game I finally knocked down ALL the pins (3 balls) Yeah me.

The night ended with banana splits.....The entire evening was a blast.
Who wouldn't love Courtenay Ward... Whether your potluck creation is from Martha Stewart or Little Caesar's its all the same :) Next potluck I'm thinking KFC....



2 comments:

  1. I told you it would be gone first :). There is nothing "safer" than take out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome :) I would've started with the banana splits though, it's easier than trying to guess how much room you need to save for dessert.

    ReplyDelete