Sunday, March 11, 2012

Birthday Cake Cop-out

When it comes to birthdays around here I am totally mother of the year....Madison's sweet sixteen was yesterday and we did nothing....Between packing boxes, babysitting jobs, the ward talent show and Superman's work schedule we were never all in the same place....We promised we would celebrate BIG TIME when everybody was around this week end.....

But Maddie did get the pair of shoes she wanted. We offered a cell phone but Maddie wanted the shoes more than the phone (she's weird) Plus she is saving for the fancy-dancy cell phone she really wants, not the "low-rent one we would buy her".... Whatever.

The entire ward sang to her at the talent show...but around 9:30 pm it dawned on me (in WalMart) that we hadn't done a birthday cake...see I really am Mother of the Year....But I found these....
This totally counts doesn't it??? Madison got her very own bag of Birthday Cake Oreos....So I only redeemed myself slightly :) Madison we will make it up to you .
Happy Birthday and thanks for being such an easy going kid. We love you, really we do!

1 comment:

  1. That totally counts! I've seen those at the store - they look GOOD!

    ReplyDelete