Friday, March 16, 2012

Call Centre CRAZY

So it is ONE week til we move across town to a new house. It can't happen fast enough. I am the kind of person that once I get my head around something we have to do...I just want the job finished. Packing, de junking, Cleaning and sorting got old two weeks ago and now we are all ready to be done....

If the rug rats thought the last two weeks were a lot of work, they are in for a shocker this weekend, the Shed, carport, yard and deck are all calling their names, {of course they work, while the superman and I sip lemonade, lounging in our Adirondack chairs wear referee shirts and whistles and try to keep them from taking each other out with rakes and shovels and such} Good times. I. CAN'T. WAIT.

But today was my most cherished day of the entire moving process....Today I have spent hours sitting on hold, listening to crap-tastic elevator music, whilst changing all our utilities over to the new address, scheduling carpet cleaning and arranging a truck rental. Watching paint dry is more stimulating.

With the amount I paid hydro last week (we could have flown to Hawaii) I should at least be receiving a fruit basket from them, but no...after waiting on hold they tell me I need to do it on line...when I go on line it says to call in because we have a week carry over between addresses....on hold...45 minutes later I speak to Bob...Bob takes 90 seconds to set up the new account and then tells me there will be a charge of $13.89 for setting up a new account...its standard for everybody....I pay in body parts (arm & leg) every month and I have to pay more for you to hit send on your computer...I will never understand that...

The phone company was actually pleasant and nice (I'm serious) I was on hold for 3 minutes and There was no charge to move our services....

But the truck company takes the annoying cake. "Do you have a Truck available Mar 24?" "Yes, Well maybe..." "Well which is it " "It's $69 a day plus kms" "Kay but is it available?".... on hold ten minutes later...."No, I think its booked, You will have to rent a one-way truck" "Well how much is that one..." "269" "as in dollars?" "Yes, but that includes 100 km"..... (Now I suck at math but...)"Why is it so much more?" "That just what my computer says..." "Why would I pay that" "Well most people do." he says as I tell him "Thank you, but I'll call around."....

I call Budget...they have a truck, its $49/ day plus kms...sold! 3 minutes later its done.

So I think my phone Marathon is over....that was so much fun, I think we should move more often?!?!

Now if I just make the week without reverting to the fetal position.....YAY ME! Yup, I'm feeling the CRAZY twitch coming on :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment