Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Math Miracles :)



I have to admit I rolled my eyes, when I saw another email from my Calculus genius' teacher yesterday (I know bad parent)

To my pleasant surprise....


Hi,

I just wanted to say how pleased I am with(Calculus genius's ) math mark since she has been doing her practice. She has been using her marine bio class to get some of the assignments done. This new focus has really been reflected in her recent test and quizzes which have averaged at a B.


Well I'll be...she can be taught ;) 37% to B's (a miracle for sure)


I can take no credit here, we didn't even punish her other than a "you-know-you-can-do-better-you-have-to-do-the-work-to-pass-the-class" lecture. I guess in non-life-threatening situations I am a let them figure it out for themselves and reap the rewards or consequences.... kind of parent.

 My offspring finally decided to just do the work.

In this case my lazy parenting worked out. :)

{Just so you know I am so not the kind of parent I thought I'd be. When they were toddlers, I thought I'd be an organized, overly-involved, doting mother of teenagers...But life and my kids quickly taught me that was not the kind of parent I was or they needed}

Way to go my little calculus genius !!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment