Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Sleeping With Darth Vader

Scandalous I know...well not really. See that super hero of mine, has had some teeny weeny rather annoying sleep issues over the last year,  maybe more...Snoring (shakes the house)...Twitching (imagine an epileptic octopus)...Startling...All night long. And exhausted all the time. You should probably get that checked, sweetheart....

He finally had a sleep study done in early January....Severe Obstructive Sleep Apnea. So neither one of us is crazy; Well... Never mind, I digress.

I have never been so pleased to hear something was wrong in my life.  Sleep Apnea they can help that right? Right. Grant was fitted for a mask and machine today and we are hoping for a miracle. That sounds slightly contrite, but its in all seriousness. Apparently, he has been having the average of 38 "events" an HOUR, during sleep all night long. The poor boy hasn't been sleep, sleeping...

The treatment is expensive and we are unsure still of how much will be covered,(3 provinces cover it, BC is not one of them) but like I said to my Superman, If I had to hire a herd of Despicable Me minions to rock him to sleep every night, I would, gladly.

This could explain so much. Lack of sleep effects EVERYTHING and might be the reason his bipolar has been so resistant to treatment and things have been so rough lately. I just pray that this will help things improve, even slightly. My superman needs this to work, hope of change is waring thin and its been much harder than either of us have admitted.

I am really hopeful that good things lie ahead.

So I'm thinking sleeping with my Darth Vader sounding, epileptic octopus moving, husband might be a thing of the past.

Sleep tight superman and keep praying for that miracle.

0 comments:

Post a Comment