Saturday, May 16, 2015

Food Fight




We left the church tonight at 8:30 pm and realized nobody had had anything to eat, unless you count the 17 tater tots I shovelled  off the cookie sheet around noon...

So White Spot it was.

Even the waitress commented on how dressed up we were. Yeah we were at Church....to which a nameless rug rat, whispered in a southern accent "Would you like to know more about Jesus?" Just loud enough for me to hear and laugh awkwardly.....

I guess the Kramer dinner table is the same in public, as it is in private. Something I didn't realize until the ridiculously cranky old couple sitting behind us got up to pay their bill and glared at us all the way out the door.

 Seriously I haven't had that happen since the Dynasty Restaurant 15 years ago when the kids spilled seven, yes seven glasses of water in a 20 minute period....

Maybe it was that Grant and I got in an argument discussion about the zombie stick figure family on the back of our van....If we are going to have Zombie stick figures, we should have all seven of us...But there are only five us at home, we should only have 5 cause there are only 5 in our VAN family...is there such a thing as a VAN family....

To which Dallyn said "Dad, that's the equivalent of saying there are no girls allowed in your tree fort" What???

There was Alex showing us her latest Dub Smash videos....

Dallyn declaring that we, his archaic parents need to internet more...

Then Dallyn arguing with Alex over who had a bigger moustache, after Alex declared Dallyn's was non existent....

Maybe it was Grant, flicking a random ice cube at me just as the waitress brought our food...

It was probably because we laughed, a lot. I love it when we laugh. Yeah I guess seeing a happy family in public is a rarity ;)

Sorry glaring couple. But I'd do it again.  These happy moments are precious to us because we also are well acquainted some heartache.

0 comments:

Post a Comment