Sunday, May 10, 2015

Mother's Day Dysfunction





Mother's Day still hit me hard this morning, I didn't want it too but my heart hurt as I rolled out of bed...

I even got a man you look tired today as I walked in the Church...Yeah, I guess was what I mumbled, but what I should have said was, Nope, just sad...

I made it through my meetings by surfing pinterest (bad me) whatever....

Then...Grant surprised me during Bailey's Skype call, he had forced asked the kids to each write a letter to me a letter and they each, including Bailey read them to me....

I sobbed and laughed and sobbed and laughed again. Those tears soothed my soul....

Dallyn's was voted the favourite by his sibs (I'm not allowed to pick favourites)


Dear mom

Thank you, Thank you for raising me with a sense of humor. Thank you for not raising a 15 year old alcoholic like the rest of my grade. Thank you for teaching me how to take care of myself (cook, clean) even though I don’t always show that I know those things you have taught me all of them and much more. And thank you for putting up with my morning ******* mood and for being a funny parent who can get sarcasm and joke. Thank you for giving birth to me (I'm sure that sucked). Thank you for being you. Living here wouldn’t be the same without your good and bad side. Even though this family is pretty dysfunctional you seem to make it work. I love you and all the things that you do. And I know that we yell back and forth and I don’t always do what you say but I know that you love me no matter what I do. And I guess now that its mother's day I'll let it go that you called me an _______ ________. I guess what i am saying is that even though I don’t tell you every day and that I don’t always show it. I love you and all the things that you do for me.

Dallyn.

0 comments:

Post a Comment