Saturday, May 30, 2015

They're So Worth It.





At some point this week I just stopped counting the texts, phone calls, emails, and Facebook messages....

I guess Girls Camp is a big deal, even in a Stake as small as ours. :)

In that same moment,  I was thinking "What was I thinking, saying I'd do this?!?!?" "What were they thinking asking me???".....

I decided to grab myself a stiff drink (Dr Pepper) and a bag of Dorito's {yes I know but, Perrier and Kale chips would have just solidified my frustration.} Saddle myself up to my computer and simply barrel through the responses and documents that needed doing.

Numbers, we need numbers...

Minutes later as I was paging through messages and emails trying to compile an accurate list....

I typed in the name of a girl and I remembered holding her in the hospital soon after she was born...the next one to my list, that girl who never sat still once in my Sunbeam class in primary...the next added, that six year old, who would climb to the top of my pantry and steel marshmallows ever time I babysit her :)....

I then realised my tears...

This camp has nothing to do with numbers. It is about our Young Women, each amazing and awesome. Each loved by their Heavenly Father. Camp is for and about them and is a place for them to feel of that love our Heavenly Father has for them.

What a privilege it is to help facilitate that. Bring it on. All the time, energy and effort is so worth it. Because they are worth it.

 




0 comments:

Post a Comment