Friday, August 27, 2010

The "Back to School" Happy Dance!

Grant & I will be doing the big time HAPPY DANCE in ten days!!! Why? The Rug rats are going back to school. Don't get me wrong I love summer and I love my kids. But I am ready for the routine and some peace & quiet. Keeping the pantry stocked will be less of a challenge too...I think I understand the phrase "eating us out of house and home" now. 48 Eggo's waffles gone in 12 hours...5 gallons of milk in 3 days...4 jumbo boxes of cereal in 5 days, sometimes I think they needed a snorkel. I won't miss the constant refereeing because "shes looking at me " or "he won't get of the computer." I will miss the kids sleeping 'til the crack of noon while I lazily read a book or the days relaxing on the beach or staying up all night for a "Harry Potter" marathon. But I'm ready for the change...even the kids are looking forward to a new year. So just one more hurdle until "the most wonderful time of year" The 164 item school supply list.... (not including clothes, shoes, or back packs)...but in my mind its a small price to pay for 7 hours a day of peace & quiet for the next 10 months. I guess that makes me one of those Moms but I'm perfectly ok with that. And kids we promise to wait until we are off school property to begin our much anticipated "HAPPY DANCE"

SCHOOL SUPPLY LIST 2010
Lined Paper...15 pkg
Duotangs....30 Kleenex...2 boxes
Oil Pastels (24pk)...2
Markers (12pk)...2 (thin)
Pencil Crayons (24pk)...5
Glue Sticks...6
Pencils (12pk)...10
Red Ball Point Pens...2 pkg
White Erasers...14
Fine Point Permanent Marker....6
Plastic Pencil Box....2
Scissors...2
Ruler....5
Pencil Sharpener...5
1” Binders...1
Key Tab Exercise Books...12
Unlined Paper...1 pkg
Black/Blue Ball Point Pens...5 pks
Highlighters...4 pkg thin
8 Digit Calculator...2
Notebooks....8 (150pg) 2 (80 pg)
Graphing Calculator...2
Sticky Notes...2 pks
Geometry Set ...3 sets
Graph Paper...3 pks
Dividers...5 pks
2” Binders ....6
Pencil Case...3

1 comment:

  1. Our kids go back to school on Monday=) I have a whole day of absolutely nothing planned=) Then I will find my motivation and cleant eh house and all that fun stuff ...but first I get MY DAY=) Enjoy the silence....

    ReplyDelete