Saturday, August 14, 2010

My Kind of People

Robin, Michelle, Renae, Carolin
Loni, Lucy, Amy (baby Ruben)


I have always been blessed with GREAT friends. Every place we have lived I have gained life long friends. That was the hardest part of leaving Port Alberni, just over a year ago, was saying good bye to friends. The Comox Valley is the first place we have ever moved with no family ties. We knew just one family here (Dear friends, we have followed around the Island since 1996, I kid them that if they ever move we'll know where we are headed next)... but I worried...Would I have friends, would I have the kind of friends I left in Port....The answer is a resounding YES!

We were welcomed here with open arms...If there is a How-To manual on welcoming new families, The Comox Valley wrote it. Within a few days here I knew I was home.

Last week we had to say good bye to a friend moving to Manitoba...it still makes me sad just thinking about it, she is down to earth, can totally take a joke, my Visiting Companion, has a listening hear....I honestly think we were instant friends and I will really miss her. Seven of us had to go out just one last time.....

I feel sorry for any body who shared the restaurant with us that night...I have never laughed that hard in my life (I needed Advil & Depends, seriously). This entire week every time I think about it, I laugh, I can't help it, even now I'm smiling...Nobody could ever accuse any of these Mormon Housewives of having dull, boring lives...the fact that they are among the funniest people I know, sure helps. Strong minded, kind-hearted, trust worthy, accepting...I can just be myself, these are my kind of people...

0 comments:

Post a Comment