Friday, August 13, 2010

Nice BUNS!!

Lynette's Recipe.. spread whipping cream & brown sugar in the bottom of the pan
It was super hot today...not sure what possessed me to bake...but the dough rose quickly in the shade on the deck


Good thing I have lots of counter space



and five cake pans...even I didn't know I had that many




NICE BUNS! if I do say so myself :) 83 to be exact





Today I made sticky buns for the second time in 17 years. 17 years ago, about 7 months into our marriage I tried making cinnamon rolls for my sweat heart, just they way his mommy taught me. Lynette had come to visit just days before and felt I needed to learn two things to keep Grant happy. Cinnamon Rolls & Pie. (I have never, ever made a pie, unless Saralee counts) Hamburger Helper & Kraft Dinner was the extent of my culinary skills then. So baking anything was a stretch.


I did the best I could and at least they resembled cinnamon rolls. Grant took the first bite and then made a near fatal mistake...

" They're ok but they aren't as good as my mom's" he mumbles in the middle of his Star Trek episode.
I said nothing, walked back to the kitchen (3 steps in our tiny basement suite) and dumped the entire batch in the garbage, walked back and sat next Grant on the couch. A few minutes later Grant walks in to get another cinnamon roll..."Where'd they go?" Garbage. (Me crazy?, No just 6 months preggers with Holly) I never tried again. Even now when we see or smell a cinnamon roll I have still been known to say "Bet they're not as good as Mom's eh? ;) Today I Succeeded! "They're great Robin!" "Just like Mom's " "Better?" I ask. Grant just kept chewing....

1 comment:

  1. So you have both learned alot in the past 17 years=)Good job! they look great Robin and good job keeping your trap shut Grant(this time);)

    ReplyDelete