Monday, January 23, 2012

Grad Dress Adventures

This last weekend had been slated for the acquiring of our first born's grad dress for some time.....
Anyone who knows me even slightly well knows that grad dress, dress, clothes shopping in general is a stretch for me. Okay getting out of my sweats before noon is a stretch...

So when we woke up Friday morning to heavy wet snow, I thought for sure I had received my "Get Out of Jail Free" card....Not so lucky, mid afternoon it had changed to heavy rain and wind....So by dark we were heading south to Victoria.

We have lived on the Island a long time and honestly I have never seen it rain so hard....we're talking rhinoceroses and elephants....plus gale force winds. We never broke 85 km/hr (52 miles). It was crazy but we made it safely and the Superman only has slight claw marks that shouldn't scar :)

By morning the weather had improved slightly....And thankfully didn't hinder the shopping odyssey (yeah)...

I had asked Superman if there was anything other than Grad dresses he wanted to do while we were down Island...."See the brand-new Wal Mart in Uptown" Sigh,  Really?!? Haven't had enough of your own store honey?!?...So between dress shops, I got to tour yet another Wally World....Did you know none of them are the same....No really... 


This Store has two floors....Oh no, how can I get my cart up or down the escalator (my first thought too?!?)
That's what a MO-VATER (sp) is for....{escalators are on either side}
Push your cart in and it even keeps the cart level on its journey....

Take a closer look at the warning on the left, Carts only, No children .....It was also flashing in neon green above the gate..... Now I'm no parent of the year but if you need that warning....parenthood might be a stretch for you.....maybe a house plant is a better option ...

Sorry, I almost forgot why we were in Victoria.....

First stop was "Shades of White" we ended up not finding a dress here but the shop and service were AMAZING...so impressed with them.

Yup those are spring clamps on the back. They even say mastercraft on them. Who needs altering we'll just raid Dad's tool box...Apparently I am the only one with a sense of humour whilst dress shopping...

We joined up with my more fashion savvy Sister in Law for the second shop. Having a favourite Aunt there meant the world to Holly. Holly found the ONE after more than a dozen. Watching her face light up is a moment I will treasure. I promised not to post a picture until Grad....But will say, its classic, elegant, and beautiful. A true refection of our daughter. She picked well and paid for it entirely on her own.

Grad dress shopping was relatively painless....Which is a very good thing considering its one down, three to go :)

Spending time with family and hanging out with the best pug I have ever met, made for a perfect weekend.
They never left her side...so sweet!

0 comments:

Post a Comment