Sunday, January 15, 2012

Thank You Sister Dawkins.

I was sitting on the stand (front riser of our chapel) today. {I'm the ward chorister} When it was announced that Sister Dawkins had passed away...... the lasting effect this  beloved Sister has had in our Ward was evident on the faces of all who knew her....

Sister Dawkins made a lasting impression soon after we moved to Courtenay....

She was the elegant, graceful, women in the back row, who welcomed everyone with kind eyes and a warm smile...

|While serving in Relief Society I had the privilege of visiting her in her apartment at a Seniors home...As she welcomed us in I felt like I had entered the home of a wise and trusted friend. She talked of her love for her children and her departed sweet heart. She spoke of her love for the gospel and bore the most powerful testimony I have ever heard on tithing....We had come to share a message of love and hope with her. We left with our buckets over-flowing. 

She was an angel on earth. I will miss her. The sure knowledge that she is now back in the loving arms of her sweat heart brings nothing but happiness to my heart. Thank you Sister Dawkins.

0 comments:

Post a Comment