Sunday, January 8, 2012

Mountains and Miracles

Last week was full of mountains. There were moments I was positive my whole world was falling apart. I could not see any way around, through, or over the mountains that stood in our way. Heavy laden was an understatement. I cried. A lot. I was hurting, my Superman was heartbroken. All I wanted to do was fix it. But I knew it wasn't my mountain and it never needed fixing. The climber, my Superman just needed a hand to pull him higher and hold on tight until he gained his footing again.

 All I could do was pray. Pray that that hand would some how come....

Please just give him the courage to hang on, was my constant prayer, as I held on to the only thing I still had, hope. There is always hope.

That hand did come. And many more. The out pouring of love, support and understanding, humbling.

Not just for Superman, but for me....We don't have to climb our mountains alone.

As I spoke to my dear friend about the mountains and miracles of this very trying week. She said "it's okay, I won't tell not to cry"...and we cried. I love our friends.

I end this week grateful for inspired priesthood leaders and friends. Kind words mend hearts and change lives. Because of them we will master another mountain.

0 comments:

Post a Comment