Sunday, March 17, 2013

I'm a Stake Conference Nerd

I think I am a bit of a Stake Conference nerd...I honestly love it an and don't care about the 5 hours of driving. Something I am sure my old YW leaders would think of as  a miracle, seeing how I never took Church seriously in the eighties (yes I am old). But some of the sweetest experiences I have had as an adult in the Church have been at Stake Conference. (shocking I know).

I'm blogging about this totally for my own benefit as I keep losing my notes and finding them (I even dug them out of the garbage after an over-obedient child cleaned off my desk....)

So before my notes vanish again here are Stake Conference highlights.....


A sister full of courage and beauty shared how we can always make the choice to turn back to our heavenly father and he will be their to help you.....

"Our choices show who we are more than our abilities do"
This was one of the best talks I have ever heard on the subject of choices.

******

A sister shared the sacrifices her father had made for not for her families freedom, but also a country's freedom. When asked why he had given so much, he said.....

"I did it for you kids"

I think of my Grandma Beena and Great Grandma Ash...I wonder if they ever thought about the foundation they were laying for their grandchildren and great-grandchildren. And if they could ever understand the faith, strength and hope we  would gain from reading and hearing their histories and testimonies. How many times I have thought "If Grandma Ash could walk across the plains...or if Grandma Beena can suffer unthinkable heartache and be cheerful and funny".... Then I can certainly keep going.So many times my grandmothers have been my strength.

********


This ensign article was refered to several times ....

The Enabling Power of the Atonement,

********

Our Stake President spoke on courage....

"What we can be, NOT what we have been."



"The strong carry on, their faith keeps them trying"



"Feeling good about ourselves is not about position, but DIRECTION


Something a Sister in Port, who has triumphed over tremendous hardships has always said...
"I have plenty of troubles but no complaints"
What a beautiful attitude to have.


"Keep your feet moving"

And tithing...
blessing come from obeying the sacred law of tithing...this was quoted....


"I didn't want anything my tithing funds may buy"

I couldn't help but think of how blessed our family has been by paying tithing. It is amazing and has nothing to do with math :)

I love stake conference and yes I am a total nerd.

0 comments:

Post a Comment