Monday, May 20, 2013

I Love Pickles (TMI)

****Warning this posts mentions periods and TMI....sorry****

So Superman has decided to kick his Coke Zero habit the same week I am "riding the cotton pony" and yes that was very poor planning on the part of one of us {*cough, cough*Superman *cough, cough}

So what happens when you have a caffeine starved Super hero and an over-emotional, donut craving wife in the same house???

Fighting. That's what you have fighting. And no, not the rational let's sit down and calmly discuss that which may...possibly be bothering us. No we are talking the petty,(is there something smaller than petty?) your darth-breathing while I am watching Donut Showdown is making me homicidal crazy, kind of fighting... Oh and he's not innocent either, In the last few hours I've gotten snapped at because I mentioned that he missed the turn to 7-11(for my donuts, don't judge), was using HIS pillow on his side of the bed, oh and the ice cream in the fridge is apparently HIS....

Yup it's an "I love pickles" kind of day around here.

{The "I love pickles" story....years ago we had dear friends of ours, children in our house for the afternoon...At some point an argument between two of my older girls erupted...Our friends' son starts yelling from the other room "I LOVE PICKLES, I LOVE PICKLES!!!!" We all start laughing as said boy emerges from Dallyn's room still yelling "I LOVE PICKLES", with a great big smirk on his face. The argument between my girls had quickly stopped as I asked I love pickles why he was yelling that. "Well when my parents fight that's what we yell and it usually makes them laugh..." "What?!? I thought your perfect parents would never fight, I said with a smile." "Of course they do!"

Since then we have also adopted the "I love pickles" approach to anger management....And let's just  say we have heard "I love pickles" often today.

And guess what? My superman has tomorrow off too. Yay! And there aren't any kids around to yell "I love pickles" This could be really fun!

All kidding aside...I love my husband dearly and fully support his efforts in leaving the Coke Zero behind, but marriage is hard!  At least one of us will be back to "normal" next week, right superman. Is taking a wager on whether or not Superman kicks the habit, wrong? Mama needs a new pair of Vans. :)




0 comments:

Post a Comment