Friday, May 31, 2013

Rock Star Status

Fame doesn't impress me, wealth doesn't either. Cars not really (well unless its 1960's VW Bug) and houses, well it's spirit there and not there structure I'm looking at. I think talents are awesome, especially musical ones, but even that, it's the spirit the music brings into my heart that really gets me.

You want to impress me, show me or someone I love your capacity for kindness. As I look to those who I deeply respect and love it is their kindness that has elevated them to ROCK STAR status in my books, not their possessions or position.

My life has been blessed by beautiful friends and my family has been shown countless times our friends' endless capacity for kindness.

This week has been rough, but we have once again, we are shown an endless capacity for kindness...

The call from a dear friend didn't surprise me, her kindness has been at our cross roads for years, she gained rock star status years ago and she couldn't lose that status if she tried.

What did surprise me was the kindness shown by another. Someone whose kindness and compassion is not a requirement by our association. They could have just as easily stood on the pedestal of policy and position, but instead showed unconditional compassion and understanding. I have always deeply respected this someone and have always seen their great integrity... But Tuesday they became a rock star.

Somewhere I read the statement "Always be a little kinder than necessary". Tuesday someone did just that, and it was EVERYTHING for me and my superhero.

0 comments:

Post a Comment