Thursday, May 30, 2013

Real Estate



The sale on my Dad's house was final this week. Huge relief and a little sadness. It's odd to realise that the only real estate my parents have left is their grave sites. Odd that there are no family homes to return to. Odd to think that with no family or ties left in Yorba Linda I will probably never return to that place...

I hated that house on Hillock, even as a young child it scared me.  So I am surprised at the odd sadness, but not the overwhelming relief that has accompanied its sale.

I often look around my own home and I am instantly reminded of how far removed I am from the chaos of my childhood. How far different my children have had it, than I did. Far from perfect, but safe and clean and loved.

The thought that things could and should have been different for Kelli and I as children will always bring a sting of sadness but...

 Kelli and I have risen far above that house of our childhood, and only her and I know what a true miracle that is.

Good riddance Hillock house.








0 comments:

Post a Comment