Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Superman Slipping

{Please not now, not today....}Yesterday was already slated to be busy...a kid at the dentist, picking new options for my Dad's still non existent head stone (American Monument, you suck!), estate stuff, and a house-full for a double baby shower I was hosting...

What wasn't on the original schedule was an urgent visit with our favourite doctor and then Superman's employer...oh and tears, lots of them.

Superman has been doing so well, which only adds to the sting of this sudden set back. Monday morning I knew things had slipped for Superman, by Tuesday morning, even with endless prayer and pleading, there was no denying we were facing a crisis.

Witnessing the firestorm of mental illness is fun (complete sarcasm). Even with all the understanding in the world, it's hard not to feel overwhelmed by a roller-coaster you never had any intentions riding.

So my morning started with a far from humble prayer...that was pretty close to this...

Come on, really?!?!...But I paid our tithing, serve others gladly, didn't tried not to yell at my teenagers...We've been good better than normal...Can't we have a pass on this one??? Why now? Why again?

I dreaded our visit with the doctor and with what would probably need to happen.

The drive to the office was silent, the wind and rain around us saying it all.

"Stop trying to figure it out, it's an illness, there doesn't have to be a reason, let's just deal with where we are" the doctor said with unexpected kindness. I blinked back tears as I felt...well, understood.

New meds and sometime at home...

Then the kindness and compassion shown by Superman's boss... well all I can say is a tear filled THANK YOU.

See it's easy, when things fall apart to feel completely abandoned and I did...But as I felt the out pouring of love and kindness shown to Grant and I, I could not deny that God is in the details of our lives.

Last night's prayer was a humbled, tear-filled "thank you for all the kind people in our lives"

Oh how I am hoping this is just a speed bump, but one never knows. What I do know .... our lives are blessed daily by amazing and awesome people who know how to show HIS love.

{one hour, one day at a time}




0 comments:

Post a Comment