Friday, May 3, 2013

Sewing Away Sorrow

What a weird week! Blogging is my usual go to therapy...but sometimes circumstances make that an inappropriate forum (see I do have a filter). This week has been an exceptionally emotional one, amazing happy and good news.... frustrating news... and yes even some heartbreaking news...All worthy of posts, eventually. And there is nothing I can do to fix any of it. But since I have rules about when I blog like I can't be tired, angry, crazy or hunger...I have had to find other forms of therapy...sewing and Slurpies :)
 
Three blankets in 24 hours, all made of repurposed, second hand fabric...I am always more creative if I am worried about something and if I also have someone in mind to give my creation to.... Each of these blankets already have names for them....
Aren't they pretty :)
I am still feeling excited for the good news, worried about the frustrating news  and plain sad for the heartbreaking news...and I see many more sewing projects in my near future :) ...If anyone needs a blanket, bag or stuffie let me know, I am completely serious. :)In all my sewing and thinking and sewing and thinking I realize the only thing I CAN do is.... LOVE first. Anger, frustration, sadness and worry, they need to find their way to the back of the line...Love comes first.

1 comment:

  1. What a great way to let it out! So productive! I should have you help me with Cali's quiet book. I've been working on it for 6 months and still not even close to finishing.

    ReplyDelete