Thursday, September 19, 2013

Missionary Mayhem

So the Sister Missionaries stop by to get to know our family....

The dog goes berserk as the doorbell rings.

I say "Everybody behave", as Bailey flings open the door, tossing a still barking Tater, to Grant....

They sit down as I peal an ice cream sandwich wrapper off the love seat.

Right in the middle of our pleasantries, Madison, Man child and Alex come flying in the door, having just finished delivering 600 food drive bag...

"What are THEY doing here?!?" Madison says with all the sarcasm and subtlety her seventeen years have acquired.

We all laugh, she's kidding...(not completely)

I have to tell two obedient rug rats to put their phones away, but Alex continues covertly texting under my decorative throw pillow...thinking we haven't noticed...the on volume button, throws my darling's cover...nice.

All of a sudden I realize Man Child has launched into a rather descriptive tale of 'O My Gosh, we were so poor once....we were like macaroni and cheese poor....but not even the KD kind...the no-name kind you have to put a lot of ketchup on....and we didn't even have ketchup....Really Dallyn?

Madison is now tipping the coffee table on end as her and Alex are trying to plead their case on "why they should skip school tomorrow"...because of the Service they had offered....

Seriously what is wrong with you hooligans?!?

Grant and I give them the simultaneous death glare....which has all the effectiveness of herding hamsters....

Dallyn and Alex are now in some kind of knuckles, flinch war...Madison interrupts everybody with "So can I like go and eat now?" As Bailey, who is actually listening to the Sisters, gives an insightful answer, with a scripture reference.....Awwww, {so does one kid out of five, count as a parenting pass?}....

"So can we have a prayer with you, before we leave?", the Sister sweetly says, above the mayhem.

Grant goes with tradition and asks the worst behaved kid to pray...clearly Madison, although it was a tough pick tonight...

Now Madison and Grant are in an I'm not praying, Yes you are, glare down, lovely.

Superman's powers succeed and Madison prays....("Don't you dare rhyme it", I say under my breath)

A thoughtful and respectful prayer. Wow, maybe we haven't completely failed.

They thank us for the visit, "You all are hilarious."...."yeah we get that a lot."

So what have the Sisters learned from the Kramers....

1. What Macaroni and Cheese poor is. and
2. That we're CRAZY!

Awesome. Have I said lately, just how much I love my children?!? Yeah, I didn't think so.....







0 comments:

Post a Comment