Monday, September 30, 2013

Dance in the Rain?


{Warning: first, I know many others have far greater challenges than us an my heart goes out to you...second, I might say a swear in this post, and no I'm not sorry}

Oh yeah, my birthday.... can we just skip it this year? Its not the getting older part, I don't mind that. Getting older is a gift, not everyone gets. I am grateful for another year...its that...

Birthdays are instant reminders that my parents are really gone and that I miss them. It hurts more this year, I think? (stupid grief)

It's also a conversation I had with Superman as we were falling asleep the other night...

Hey its your birthday next week, at least you don't have to clean out your Dad's house this year...I can't believe its been a year..."It's been a long, rough year hasn't it?, Superman, says sympathetically.

Donning face masks and gloves, in 105 F heat, filling dumpster after dumpster with our Dad's rodent and spider infested hoard was a shitty awful way to spend our birthday a year ago. I remember leaving that house, the task finished and thinking...Ahh things have to get better soon....


I had no way of knowing that our gauntlet wasn't nowhere near over and the year that lay ahead would again be full of challenges....

I sit here, a year later still wondering if lasting healing or even stability will ever come for my Superhero, or is our journey to simply learn to dance in the rain?

 Difficult decisions this week and an uncertain future, faith still our only sure option.

Will another difficult October, turn into another difficult year? If I am completely honest the thought down right scares me.

I always say I'm fine...we're coping...we're surviving and I totally want to believe it every time I say it, but sometimes its a complete lie.

Its kind sucking right now...wow honesty.

My birthday wish.... if it can't change, at least give me the courage and faith to continue dancing in the rain.











0 comments:

Post a Comment