Wednesday, September 4, 2013

They Went Back !

They went away back!!!!!!!
 
Weird....Dallyn is in high school, HIGH SCHOOL? Alex starts Seminary and Maddie, Grade twelve and I have TWO who have already graduated?!
 
This only means one thing...I. AM. OLD! (something the rug rats point out daily)
 
 
 
Gone are the days of....
Signing agendas, ok so that never really happened after October, last year;
 Making birthday cupcakes for their class , so like I only MADE cupcakes like twice after that it was a box of Twinkies;
Guessing what Dallyn made for Mother's Day;
Parent attended assemblies
and Birthday parties every weekend, can they really have that many friends?
It makes me a little sad...ok that's a total lie too. All the above things, minus the Mothers Day gifts I hated about elementary school  ...I love the high school years, there is less pressure to compete with other mom's (you know we all do it) and they are way more independent and that makes my lazy parenting style, less noticeable...Yay!
 
These two are thrilled about school this year..... 

 No really....

And this is exactly how I feel...
I love the ME time public school allows.....
 
If this makes me a bad parent, I'm really ok with that!

0 comments:

Post a Comment