Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Sensitive Sally

I must admit I'm worn a bit thin right now and I probably would even admit to being a bit of a  Sensitive Sally....But sometimes things people say trying to be helpful are just down right LAME....This week seems even heavier on the lame side than usual...I have heard this all since Friday....

{Superman is struggling and is beyond frustrated at this unwanted unexpected setback.}

1. I was asked how he is doing...I gave a brief, yet honest answer to which they enquirer said.

 Well hopefully he'll get better in a day or two....

Yeah cause that's exactly how mental illness works. But here's hoping ;)

2. Not sure why someone felt the need to tell me this, but they did...

Oh my,Your  Grant has changed so much, he's not who he used to be when he was in the Bishopric...

My sweetheart has not CHANGED he is in the middle of  battling an illness that is no longer in remission,he is just sick right now. Who he is.... his spirit is still the same AMAZING Grant. The only thing that has changed is your willingness to see it.

3. Oh, I totally understand I was depressed for a week, back in 1987...

Okay I'm like, really sorry about your bad week...but like, I don't think like, you like, totally understand...that's like comparing a splinter to an amputation....like, I'm just saying, but like, thanks for like, totally understanding...DUDE.

4. OOOOO, sounds like you need to go see that (misprounounced counsellor's name) (said multiple times)

It's hard enough attending an activity meant for couples, when your better other half isn't able to go...but then to hear off handed comments about couples needing to see a certain marriage counsellor...isn't really funny and completely insensitive on your part......there are people who see said counsellor, you just don't know that.

Everybody makes fun of psychiatrists and therapists...until you really need one, I mean when your life depends on it, they are way more than a punch line...they are life savers.

Don't be LAME people!!!





0 comments:

Post a Comment