Saturday, February 15, 2014

That Day

February, no matter how you spin it, is a month of difficult memories....

That Day...

When we got the call that Mom was in ICU on life support, they don't think she'll make it....she did make it, but didn't want to.

That Day...

When we got the call again that mom was in crisis and we both race back to Southern Alberta, a ten day vigil, she made it, but didn't want to...

That Day...

When Mom died...just days after we went home...from a fall.

That Day...
When we buried our mother.

That Day...

When Adult Protective services called from Orange County...our Dad is in Crisis.

That Day...

My sister rushed to California, finally allowed to help our Dad, only to know that help had come too late

That Day...

My sister brought my Dad back to Utah, my dad not knowing he was saying his final goodbye to California.

A decade now of sucky Februarys.

I try to bulldoze my way through every single February, but it's impossible to undo memories of those awful days.

February just will never be my favourite month...no matter how hot the firefighter is on the calendar ;) 

0 comments:

Post a Comment