Thursday, May 15, 2014

Something's Hurting



I realized something...

My heart is a little vulnerable....easily hurt, full of doubt, super sensitive....and I don't like it.

I used to be able to handle anything, unaffected ...

I'm not so good at the unaffected part anymore...

Careless words, harsh opinions about those I love, not being valued, talked down to, ignored....

Make my heart hurt.

I'm struggling to find the voice to say.... "Hey, you can't talk to me like that....hey, you can't say that about them....hey you can't brush off my worries or concerns....treat me like I'm incapable....pretend like I don't exist...ignore me.

Maybe it's that I've been through much and have vulnerabilities others don't understand, or maybe it's that those vulnerabilities have taught me that we never have the right to be harsh, insensitive or unkind, ever.

I wish my heart felt stronger and I could find my voice to say, be nice, in a kind way.





1 comment: