Sunday, July 26, 2015

Dinner with SCHOLARS

Why is dinner always a gong show..no matter how few are home or how old they get???

Nobody woke up from their Sunday siesta, until 7, as in pm,awesome...

After the dreaded What's for dinner argument and the refusal to order pizza, like last time...

Our two geniuses then spend the next 30 minutes while I prepare dinner, seeing just how close they can take me to the edge of sanity as they argue like hangry tall toddlers...

Dinner is served and criticized as per usual...

Grant thanks us all for making dinner, oblivious to the shenanigans... to which Dallyn rebuts:

"Team work makes the dream, work"
 
Alex and Me: Shut-up Be quite, Dallyn.
 
There is much murmuring as our geniuses compliment my culinary skills.....
 
I launch into a monologue on gratitude and starvation.....
 
Alex: "WOW!!! Everybody's attitude sure invites the SPIRIT!
 
Dallyn: Shut-up Alex 
 
.....7 seconds of silence....
 
Dallyn: So is bar mitzvah a Spanish word? (like I said genius)
 
Grant and I: What?!?! Um NO!!!!! Hebrew.
 
Alex: Well he did get a C- in well....every thing.
 
Dallyn: Hey that was a CHOSEN grade !!!! It's not my fault ....like anyone can answer (and I quote) "if 1+2=4, what is the circumference of a moose"
 
 
 
 Sigh...

0 comments:

Post a Comment