Sunday, July 19, 2015

With an "E"

When Bailey was sent to Summerside, PEI this winter I was determined to read the entire "Anne of Green Gables" series for the first time...

I've read the first book 2 or 3 times and I even performed in a musical theater production of Green Gables in high school...But something about having a daughter serve in PEI drew me back to the classic Canadian novels set there....
 


Montgomery's descriptive storytelling is beautiful and Anne's ability to find the positive in even the smallest detail so refreshing...


 
I'm half way through the 6th book and I have loved every page. It's hard not to relate to Anne...her spunk and love of people and the beautiful places around her.

 
A story that reminds you of all that is good in the world and that perspective and perseverance determine destiny. Gosh I love good stories. :)

 
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment