Tuesday, July 7, 2015

With All My Might

{Photography Credit: Vanessa Lust}
We barely made it out of Nanaimo and I realized I was sobbing....Tears that I couldn't stop just rolled down my checks. Gratitude. Exhaustion. But really, the realization that Heavenly Father just helped us pull off the impossible. Girls Camp was a success.

*******

I had jumped at the invitation to plan Girls Camp back in January. Working with our youth is a privilege. But life and doubt and uncertainty crept in as camp got closer.

Would Superman be stable enough to leave him?
Would my feet and legs hold up or would cerebral palsy betray me?
Would I emotionally handle all the stress and still be kind and patient ?

My mind and heart were heavy as the weeks and days leading up to camp, our challenges only seem to increase ....

Heavenly Father reassured me over and over again as I pleaded with him for help.... "you've got this, I will help you..."


*********

And help me He did...
We live in a Stake with awesome and supportive, youth leaders....I did not do this alone...their trust, love, support and friendship were amazing.... My love and respect for these women only grew as I witnessed their dedication and love for our YW and the way they simply radiated our Heavenly Father's love.


Camp was worth every single minute of work and stress and over load....My bucket was filled to over flowing this last week.


Camp Highlights.....

Our Epic Lip Sync battle (instead of skits).....

 Our camp dance, taught by the extraordinary Krista (I love her and so did they) , we then made the YW dance for their meals :)....
Packing them all up to Westwood Lake, because it was just sooo hot...
Having to run to the Stake Centre at 3 AM when you realize the YW have used all the TP to decorate camp :).....
 
If you ever want to freak out your bishops and stake presidency, ask them to come and play the "not-so Newly Wed Game at girls camp....The were awesome and we only embarrassed them a little :)....
We had the BEST. FOOD. EVER. thanks to these guys.....
And keeping it classy...our salute to Canada and womanhood....
 
 
 
 
 
Our YW are just AWESOME!!!!! They proved this over and over at camp. I just love them.
 
 

 
I have shed many tears in the days since camp...So grateful for the privilege and unable to deny Heavenly Father's hand in my life and theirs...
My life has always been blessed by good good friends....Thank you my friends, every single one of you,  you made camp happen. You were the answer to prayers,  I love you all. I am so blessed.



0 comments:

Post a Comment